Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6500 ctc3 mag elite, I want to swap on a 6500 blue yonder side plate. I want a knob instead of the slider mag control. What if any problems will I face or are the side plates interchangable?

·
Registered
797 Posts
should be a breeze...

aero, that should be a breeze for someone with your obvious technical capabilities. simpley take the ctc3 and throw it out the window, then you shoud be left only with the blue yonder. or give it to me and i will dispose of the ctc3 for ya. :p

roy yarmouth

·
Registered
576 Posts
Anthony,

You have a MagElite, remove the gear box side and the spool so that you are just left with the cage and the left hand side plate.

Move the slider up and down and make an observation of how the unit works. Remove the left hand side plate and then remoe the adjuster unit. Epoxy an additional piece of lexan onto the adjuster and create your own profile of how the magnets come off.

Simple for someone of your capabilities.

Led. ;)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Led,

Roy Yarmouth is like the court jester. I think he's stalking me.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Led,

Pardon my ignorance, I don't know who Chite Shuvler is. What I do know, is that Roy Yarmouth is not a friend of mine

·
Registered
797 Posts
david kelly...

hye brits, remember what happens to those that provide inaccurate information. see david kelly :D
aero, you can take the brits advice if you want (benedict arnold). they are only world class casters. but my way (go usa) is efficient. albeit it is a bit costly.
as for mr. chite shulver, he and i go back a long way. he does not throw that stuff over his shoulder for good luck so be careful as you approach him. and disreagrd the rumors about his acitvities in the stable; horses lie. :D

roy yarmouth

1 - 9 of 9 Posts