Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in east tennessee, and i am looking at traviling down to eiter georgia, around st simons, or garden city, for some fishing the weekend of the 22nd , and was wondering if the sharks have made it there yet. I would hate to travle 7 hours to fish for 2 days with no sharks. I know its a little early but i figured i would ask. hope to get some response

·
Premium Member
3,417 Posts
Welcome to P&S from a fellow East Tennessean!

I'm sure some of the locals can tell you about the sharks right now.

·
Premium Member
3,417 Posts
Yep, it takes me 7 minutes to get to the Papa John's in Gray. Pizza is important to my people. :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
i was down last year about 2 weeks after you are planning your trip. i caught a 5' spinner and numerous 3' to 4' sharks. all from the surf near pirateland. course i was fishing for other fish since shark fishing in horry county is illegal at that time of year. i caught the 5' on a live 8" mullet out about 75 yards and caught most of the smaller ones on fresh cut mullet in closer. i will be coming back in late june this year and hope to beat last years take. bubba is also going to be there at the same time and my hope is that he will show me a few things about catching fish other than sharks. i like to eat fish, but it is not why i fish. to me it is catching the biggest fish that i can, if it's edible then great, if not back in it goes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i was hoping to yak some larger baits out like a big spanish, or a bonita, or a big bluefish in hopes of catching some large sharks. Any body ever float baits out at the jettys at murrels inlet? thats should be just outside of horry county

·
Registered
149 Posts
don't know about the jettie at mi, but in about an hour or less you could be in charleston. breech inlet is a hot spot there for sharks. it is about 30' deep but has some wicked currents. it is near isle of palms. there is a forum that deals with sc shark fishing. perhaps a google might lead you there. i know a lot of those in that area yak there baits out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.