Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
from my experience the ronn arra version is better suited for a plugging setup. Thats where you will get all of the benefits and the light weight will help. If your looking for a bait rod g loomis will work but its way expensive. You could get 2-3 ticas or 2 st croix's that you will be very happy with for that price. Personally a st croix premier will be perfect

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
from my experience the ronn arra version is better suited for a plugging setup. Thats where you will get all of the benefits and the light weight will help. If your looking for a bait rod g loomis will work but its way expensive. You could get 2-3 ticas or 2 st croix's that you will be very happy with for that price. Personally a st croix premier will be perfect

just my 2 cents
i cant use this for bait fishing???like maybe 4oz and bait?

·
Registered
531 Posts
it wouldnt be my first choice for a bait rod but it will do. I built a american tackel blank 11ft rated 2-6oz and it has caught some 80+ pound rays. But like i said its not my first choice for a bit rod. It is kind of like a light tackel fishing heaver it is fun to catch them buig rays on but it takes forever to get them in on it because it is so light

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.