Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the beach shortly after 3 pm till about 645pm (last hour or so of low tide and a couple of hours of incoming tide). The conditions were ROUGH but paid off. The whiting bite was hot immediately after putting lines in. Ended up with 10 whiting and 1 skate. They ranged from 8"-12". Probably missed about another dozen or so bites. Caught the skate on cut mullet. All whiting were caught on pomp rigs with a crab fishbite paired with a sandflea. Sandfleas were out in mass numbers! Was raking at least 20 at a time all mixed sizes. Used all sizes and the whiting favored the medium sized ones. Also, the majority of the hits came from the top hook on the pomp rigs. They were in super close, within the 10 yard range. The bite started to die off around 430-445 or so but was still getting bites up until I left for the evening. I did pull in some grass from time to time but nothing too bad to manage. Not too bad for a few hour trip. Tight lines!

Attachments

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hit the beach shortly after 3 pm till about 645pm (last hour or so of low tide and a couple of hours of incoming tide). The conditions were ROUGH but paid off. The whiting bite was hot immediately after putting lines in. Ended up with 10 whiting and 1 skate. They ranged from 8"-12". Probably missed about another dozen or so bites. Caught the skate on cut mullet. All whiting were caught on pomp rigs with a crab fishbite paired with a sandflea. Sandfleas were out in mass numbers! Was raking at least 20 at a time all mixed sizes. Used all sizes and the whiting favored the medium sized ones. Also, the majority of the hits came from the top hook on the pomp rigs. They were in super close, within the 10 yard range. The bite started to die off around 430-445 or so but was still getting bites up until I left for the evening. I did pull in some grass from time to time but nothing too bad to manage. Not too bad for a few hour trip. Tight lines!
Pretty work
(y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts