Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
From what I have witnessed and heard the fishing shuts down at dark and the predator's come out. I believe that is why you can fish off Myrtle Beach State Park pier for free after dark.
Kim

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I have witnessed and heard the fishing shuts down at dark and the predator's come out. I believe that is why you can fish off Myrtle Beach State Park pier for free after dark.
Kim
Big predators like ones this guy caught?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Kim
I never new you could fish off the pier at night. I thought they closed up at dark due to not having lights on the pier. Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The state park closes their gates at about 9:00 at night. You can only fish off the pier at night if you are camping in the park.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fishing off a dark pier in the middle of the night can be very productive especially with bait , all types of predatory fish prowl that structure under the cover of night .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fishing off a dark pier in the middle of the night can be very productive especially with bait , all types of predatory fish prowl that structure under the cover of night .
Any special types of bait or rigs? Glow sticks?
There's a couple of piers that are open late. I think Cherry Grove opens till midnight. Would be interesting to try one day.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Several years ago I used to fish off the garden City Pier all night long. They would open at 6:00 in the morning and you could fish till 6:00 the next morning. I don't know if they still have that arrangement maybe worth calling.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Several years ago I used to fish off the garden City Pier all night long. They would open at 6:00 in the morning and you could fish till 6:00 the next morning. I don't know if they still have that arrangement maybe worth calling.

I myself don't fish on piers but I do fish on occasion along side of them casting the length of the pier from the ground before any people show up at daybreak . I fish the numerous inlets further north in Southeastern N.C almost exclusively during the overnight hours.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts