Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after 15 years of no saltwater fishing, I have bought myself a saltwater fishing license combined with the shore fishing shark permit. Plus, I have taken my two old Abu Garcia surf equipment(I bought these at Walmart back in the day when I only had to spend $60 for a saltwater rod and reel combo rig) and put new 17lb test line on them. And on the way out to Ormond Beach coming from Winter Springs FL, I am going to stop by my local bait shop(Bitters tackle and bait) and get several 8oz packs of frozen shrimp and I should be ready for anything. Plus, I am bringing my headlamp and a very bright camping lamp that I got off of Amazon.com in case I feel the urge to do some night fishing as well.
So, I had submitted a question to the FWC online concerning the use of chicken livers, and chicken hearts/gizzards that you can usually buy at Winn-Dixie or Publix in a small yellow tub as a type of chum when you are pier fishing(way back in the early 1990's a lot of pier fisherman would do this off of the piers in Brevard County, especially down in Melbourne) and they answer that you were not allowed to, and they even copied the part of the FWC regulations that state this. So, my question is to anyone on here, could you still use chicken parts to catch saltwater catfish, just so long as you weren't using it as a "chum" when you are pier fishing? Also, has anyone been brave enough to try this while surf-fishing? Also, does anyone know of any types of restrictions on nigh surf fishing or fishing at night off of any of the piers in the Ormond Beach area? Are there any time limits? Thanks in advance to everyone for their help!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts