Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in DC and want to fish Hatteras, what's the best time of year to come and fish the surf and will there be reds there?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Probably Late Oct-Nov. At least that's when I've caught them. IMO. Which doesn't always count for much. LOL. I am going down the end of April this year for the first time spring fishing. I usually only go in the fall but I just retired last month so I will be able to go.

·
Super Moderator
10,102 Posts
I live in DC and want to fish Hatteras, what's the best time of year to come and fish the surf and will there be reds there?
If you are just after red drum,middle to end of April,or Oct for a fall trip.. If you are after eating fish and other species as well as drum,my suggestion would be May.. You also stand a chance of catching a cobia,jackcravelle,false albacore,spainish,bluefish or a drum that time of year as well... Not that you won't catch those other species in the other months suggested,I feel water temps in May bring more fish...

·
Registered
884 Posts
Coop first on the left on Sailfish. 169K. Im sure they will take an offer. Tiny but you cant beat it Its built back off of 12, could add.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Hey Peix be down in april with the wife unit, Ill put an offer in on it, gotta be a point when its more economical to buy down there right? Hope youre having a good winter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts