Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Baltimore Chapter of CCA MD. is having a picnic on May 19, 2003 at Oregon Ridge Park in Cockeysville, MD.

Admission is $5.00
Hours are 6:00 PM until Dark
Food and beverages will be served.
There will be Flycasting, Cast Net and Surf Fishing demonstrations.

The demonstrations will be in the field adjacent to the lodge. The Lodge is the building with the flag in front of it.

* Surf Fishing Demonstrations performed by "Longcaster" of "Pier and Surf" dot com *

Directions:
1. Take I-695 toward Towson. (that's the Baltimore beltway)
2. Take I-83 North (Exit 24 from the beltway).
3. Continue North to Exit 20-B (Shawan Rd. West).
4. At first light make a left (Beaver Dam Rd.).
5. Follow Beaver Dam Rd. for aprox.1/2 mile.
6. You will see the park entrance on the right.

Proceed to the Arts and Sciences Pavilion that is located behind the lodge.

*The Lodge is the building with the flag in front of it.

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
Sounds like a good way to spend a Monday evening and pick up some pointers on casting a net and surf casting. I'm going, anyone else?

Catman.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Longcaster - Is this event open to the public? I am interested in going, but I am not a member of the club that is holding the event. Thanks.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi "Joey",
There will be another person demonstrating fly fishing techniques. I have not fished fly equipment even though I have participated in fly fishing distance casting. It will be nice to see you again. We will have to get together and do some fishing!

·
Registered
86 Posts
longcaster,
I can't wait to meet you tomorrow evening! I'll be there rain or shine with a ton of questions. I am as new to surf fishing as you can get... I don't even have a rod and reel yet but really want to learn how to surf fish both at SPSP and OC. Look forward to seeing you there.

:cool:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi "rocknwine",
I'm really glad you are interested in fishing. I too, will be looking forward to meeting you and answering your questions!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Longcaster,
Yeah, it's been a while. I have a final exam tonight and won't be able to make it to the demonstration. :rolleyes: But I definitely would like to get together sometime and do some fishing. :D

For the lucky people going, get ready for some jaw dropping casts!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi "Joey",
Sorry you could not make it to the demonstrations. I know that you would have really enjoyed the fly fishing section. I had my last final on Sunday so I understand your dilemma. I still look forward to fishing with you soon! Let me know what time is good for you!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was nice meeting all the people that turned out for the picnic and fishing demonstations!

Thanks goes out to the Baltimore Chapter of CCA of Maryland for having me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts