Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know how many would be interested, but we got Florida to NY/Conn as oceanfronts (me being in the middle Atlantic), and was wondering if enough interest would be generated to have a general 4x4, surf-fishing board. A power greater than me has suggested I post and see if enough interest is here. Those out here that do the thing know that there is something about pulling in a striper, blue, shark, skate or anything else from the surf. WE could have a forum, or search to see what other sandies are doing.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I'm happy as-is.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I also don't think we should split up the forums. Some people only fish piers others only beach and others both. Seperating them would just lead to less poeple reading more of the forums. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks emanuel, and there isn't even a Georgia board, and as soon as I finalize my vacation in South Carolina for next year, I'm sending you a PM so we can get together and do some down south juking. Tybee, Atlantic, it ain't just about the fishing.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
reddog1, thanks for the response, just didn't want to bore the others with sand, some may get offended while I get stoked. I would still hit my region, but the techniques from others, and what is running is also something that couldn't be shared in regional boards.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Hey Deadhead I think it's a good idea.:D I for one like having the boards split by interest. Each area has its own home.

Catman.:)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Some of the regional boards are pretty dead, as it is.

I doubt that further diversification of interests will benefit anyone.

As an example, several weeks ago it was proposed that a seperate board was needed to address "Fishing Issues."

How's that working out?

I'm a fisherman

My legs are about shot, so I don't do the jetties anymore. But I'm still very interested in all aspects of jetty fishing.

For the same reason, I don't roam the beaches as much as in years past. But I still like to hear what's going on out there.

I'm a fisherman

Not just a Pier fisherman, not just a Surf fisherman, not just an Offshore fisherman.

I've only been a fisherman for about 45 years. I've still got lot's to learn.

Information is POWER. Share the Power.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just didn't want to bore those not interested, so here is email I sent to Sand:

Hey sand, close thread. I think Smoothbore54 says it best. I just didn't want to "bore" non-surffishers.

I'm a fisherman

My legs are about shot, so I don't do the jetties anymore. But I'm still very interested in all aspects of jetty fishing.

For the same reason, I don't roam the beaches as much as in years past. But I still like to hear what's going on out there.

I'm a fisherman

Not just a Pier fisherman, not just a Surf fisherman, not just an Offshore fisherman.

I've only been a fisherman for about 45 years. I've still got lot's to learn.

Information is POWER. Share the Power.

Maybe just start a topic on surffishing start the subject with surf or beach. Anyone sees a surf post has to let me know though.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
shaggy I think it is a good idea but might not be the right time. Like said earlier we just added a new board and another one this soon might be too much to handle right now.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I agree it is a good idea, but is it really needed the site is is called pier and surf which covers the surf fishing so I really don't think it is needed on this site unlike other sites that have Boaters,freshwater fishing, and offshore fishing this site is for us shore people so there really not a need for it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I browse most of the boards anyway, so another one wouldn't make too much difference. I like the idea of specializing by board, but I'm also aware that too much fragmentation detracts from the sense of community.

So what do I really think??

Add a separate board for 4x4/surf.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts