Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been surf fishing for a looong time. I was lucky enough to be asked to fish on a team sponsered by Daiwa about ten years ago. It is a great deal, we fish all the team surf tournaments on the Outer Banks and get the cool new stuff from Daiwa.
About five years ago Daiwa gave us the Team Daiwa Interline rods. These are the rods where the line goes into a single guide and then passes inside the rod and out the tip. When I first saw the rods, I must admit, I didn't think they would work, it just didn't look right.
How wrong I was. They out throw any surf rod I have ever used.
The disadvantage is they don't make a heaver, the 11fter. is only rated to 8oz., but likes 5oz. and bait better. Other than that they are great.
If you haven't thrown one you might want to give them a try, I mean only if you want a few more yards on each cast. Mine are getting respooled now, but if any one wants to give one a try after work the week of the 25-29, just shoot me an email. We could get together at Grandview Pier and let'em fly.

PS My 15 year old son can put a 2oz. Sting Silver over the Horizon with the 9fter.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Saw them last year @ the Pavillion.
My buddy has the small 1 he carries on the boat,specifically made for jiging those Sabiki rigs.The rigs(hook and all fits inside the tube of the rod)

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They come in all sizes. The silver Team Daiwa X surf series in the 8, 9, 10, and 11 fters. are the ones designed for the surf.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts