Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Surf City\North topsail friday. Beautiful day, light northerly to NE winds. Fished several of the public beach access's north of the old Scotch Bonnet Pier. Unfortunately got there on an almost high tide, didn't get to scout any for holes\sloughs. Fishing overall fair. Caught several nice whiting in the surf on fresh shrimp, all were at least a pound, as well as a few small black drum. Caught some finger mullet and menhadden earlier at the bridge but had no strikes in the surf on the live bait. I guess i arrived too late friday, between daybreak and 10:30 one fellow had over a dozen of the nice whiting. Didn't see any flounder, or pup's caught in the surf. Went by Seaview Pier on the way out, spots were on and off. mainly smaller spring sized while i was there. Saw a few whiting off the end of the pier, but the ones in the surf were bigger. Nice day and a few fish for dinner. If the weather stays this way the whiting should be in the surf up to late november. Still expecting some flounder and pups in the surf before it's done also. Will be at Surf City for 4 days next weekend. Hope to do better and give a more detailed report. Flatty

1 - 2 of 2 Posts