Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a used blank that i can make into a spinner.around 13'
with a 5oz. sweet spot.want to use it for fishing and entry level tournament casting.have a 12'3" breakaway and want to go to next level.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you want to stay with a Breakaway blank and don't mine a 9' section; the 1508 and the 1507 full length are 13'.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't rule out those two rods but i'm really intriqued by the
tournament rods from england.i believe most of them are built for revolving spools,which is why i'm looking for a blank or a used one to rewrap.

·
Registered
668 Posts
be intriqued by the english rods but be prepared to pay the price, lol. you can get a tourny butt for that breakaway from nick myers at breakaway. save you some money. i just sold one myself

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
first time i've heard of a tournament butt for a breakaway.should i contact nick through his website?that might be what i'm looking for.thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree with the 1507 or 1508 also, if you want one from overseas the PurGlas would be a little less expensive option that will measure up. The 400-2 3-6 oz. or the 400-3 5-8 oz are both 13'2". For an English rod I'd have to say the Zziplex Primo Synchro, but I do know were a fella could get a deal on a Conoflex Rakata.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i priced some zippy's today.man,are they expensive!out of my leaque right now.tell me more about this conoflex deal.

·
Registered
668 Posts
hey bucket, call ryan at hatteras jacks, he sold me the one i had. think it was $175 for the tourny butt. however i would wait till he gets back in town, the big blow is almost there.

·
Registered
668 Posts
bucket, sold mine for $150. i bought it to get into tourny casting without spending alot of money as i already had a 1509. now that i bought a zzippy i sold the butt and am now using my 1509 for fishing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts