Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any information on the Super Sport II Off Shore trips for last year for Seabass & Togs? I understand they are going out in Jan just wanted to know if the crew and captain were good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you are talking about the trip out of Virginia Fishing Center at Rudee Inlet on 1/3/04, I am going. It's $90 for all day, leaves at 5am and comes back at 7pm or so. It will be the first all day trip out to the Triangle Wrecks this year from what I've heard. All you need to bring is a big cooler for all your fish (you'll get plenty) and your own food and beverage unless you want to buy theirs on the boat. I would also suggest carrying some of your own bait as all they provide is squid. The trip is going to be all day every Saturday for January and maybe part of Feburary.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am taking shrimp and am also thinking about taking some fresh,if possible, cut bait like menhaden or mullet. Maybe can meet and sit next to each other on the trip and exchange what we bring. I'll be the guy with the red goatee and the grey hooded sweat shirt. Good luck on the trip.....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ok! I'll have a cap on with the letter AR on it. I do have some peeler carb left over from my fall fishing, I would like to get some mud carbs to. I'll be looking out for you.

·
Registered
323 Posts
When I talked to them tonight at 6:30pm the trip was sold out. I'm the first person on the waiting list.

Onion... how sure are you that the trip is only to the triangles? If it is then i'll wait until they head out to the deeper wrecks.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
They are going to go out 50 to 60 miles and
will fish several wrecks from 150 to 250'.

From what I understand this is an extended
offshore trip. The usual trips run from 7am to
7pm. This trip runs from 5 am to 7 pm.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I talked to the crew on the Sally T last night and was told they will be going out TOG fishing this weekend for all day cruise, Before he goes to dry dock on Jan 6. Did not ask about price.

Sally T Phone # (757)487-2914 or (757)515-3051

D

·
0 Posts
they are good. the captain puts you on the fish. the crew is helpful. i went last year and caught 11 and my friend caught 8. i think its worth taking at least 1 trip over the winter.

·
Registered
26 Posts
There are at least two,maybe three cancellations that I know of already. Rob Holtz, you're definitely in. Since this is tog trip, does anyone know what bait they are using. The trips I've been on were for sea bass and they provided squid. Do they just have clams or what?

·
Registered
402 Posts
the best bait would probably be fiddler crabs, but they arent available this time of year, so ud have to have them left over frozen or something....i think any type of crab would do....clams work but are a hassle to keep on the hook

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
So how did you guys do out there? You guys probably aren't home yet so let us know how you guys did when you get back.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yeah I hope you guys got into some tog because they sure stopped biting up here!:( :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
It was a great trip, Its one of best off shore trip i been on! No tog
But BIG SEABASS, I mean Big !!!:jawdrop: And good guys to fish with. I'll be going back!:D :cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
The trip on the Super Sport II out of Rudee on Saturday was lots of fun but very tiring. We left on the the 93ft party boat at 5am and got back at 7:30pm. Excellent boat, crew with enclosed cabin with food and beverages sold there. I brought my own and a crew member even heated up my soup in their microwave. Back to the trip, the ride out and back was 4 1/2 hours at 15 knots. A lot of boat riding and quite a way out in the Atlantic. We fished on three different wreck spots, wilth the last one being the hottest spot. It was so fast and frantic that as soon as your line hit the bottom at well over 100ft you got a bite. It got to where I would hook a fish on the fist bite and then let the line go back to the bottom and hook a second fish in moments. The hard part was bringing in the rascals. I got completely worn out but did get a large cooler completely filled. The fishing and weather was absolutely great. Suggestions for others who will be taking the trip: A small stadium-type coushion would be very comforting;also carrying your own rod and reel is good if reel has a high retreive ratio---you can use their hooks and sinkers; also carrying some of your own bait is helpful---squid heads worked best with shrimp and clams next. We mainly only caught sea bass, no tautog I know of were caught, the sea bass don't give them time to get to the bait(some people used crab and clam with no luck). We did catch several blue fish and many dog fish(sand sharks). I guess the two visual highlights of the whole trip were that we saw both the sun rise and the sun set on an absolutely beautiful day. The other hightlight was that at the first wreck we fished we saw the birds really working the water when we starting noticing dolphins, there must have been hundreds all around, swimming under the boat and in every direction you could see, it was quite a sight. Needless to say the fishing there was a little weak between the dolphins we saw and the bliue fish and dog fish we caught. All and all everyone had an exhaustingly great time.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts