Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tried a new spot yesterday evening, picnic island in south tampa. felt pretty good about the spot right away. there was good tidal flow, a small jetty, mangroves and lots of bait. nothing happening though for about an hour. in that time two other pairs showed up and i began to think maybe this spot gets good. just as the sun went down the fish started showing on the surface, busting up the bait pods. had about a dozen slurps just behind the lure over the next half hour, with ladyfish finally having the best aim and grabbing the whole lure. shortly after the park ranger gave us the boot. two other guys landed fish near me but too dark to tell what species. anyway, i'll try again, it looks snooky on the right tide.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Found a new snook spot sandcasting good for ya not many honey holes left .:D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm certainly not calling it a honey hole yet koz, but i guy i spoke with this evening claimed to have caught a good snook there before. again, i was only getting ladys, and him too. tonight i was there about twenty minutes with no action. then i guess the underwater dinner bell went off, because the bait fish started getting demolished all around. anyway, its close to the house, so maybe i'll get there one night this week and explore some more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts