Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son just got back from BikeFest in Daytona Beach. He stopped by the pier for about ten minutes and didn't see anybody catch anything. But, right past the restaurant in the free area, he saw a dozen Drum in the 10 lb class. He said, they were just sitting there by the pilings on both side of the pier.And nobody fishing near them as they were all down futher.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Maybe we should come up with a phone list BentHook and we will come take care of business.:D Anglers/0 dozen Drum in the 10 lb class / 1

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
That happens a lot. People just bypass the beginning of the pier and head straight to the end thinking that is the only place to fish. Looks like them fish outsmarted the anglers again!

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Just like surf anglers....

Alwys got to get that 150yd cast :rolleyes:

Sure, chunk one out there, but fish the "ditch man", fish the ditch :D

·
Registered
389 Posts
Got that right - I was out at Cocoa Beach Pier last week and saw some nice Black Drum and Pompano brought in from the sides of the pier, when everyone on the end was getting skunked.

Only way I'm getting a 150 yd. cast is with a mortar!

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
MarkDido said:

Only way I'm getting a 150 yd. cast is with a mortar!
Yea, probably me too, just looks that way when I'm using a flip`in stick, with water up to my ankles ;)

·
Registered
389 Posts
I don't go out past my knees. I figure any deeper than that and I become part of the food chain!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts