Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Costa Del Mar makes some very good glasses. I use them for fishing, boating and driving. I use the amber color in the green mirror lense. The are a glass lense that is scratch proof. Very good in all light conditions from mid day sun to clouds to dusk and dawn. Very good customer service if ever a problem. Lots of styles and lense options, RX too.

·
3,775 Posts
You cant go wrong withthe Costa's but...

Ive had two pair that I really did like far better.
The first were a pair of Hobie's. The second was a pair of Chillies that I bought in Bar Harbour Maine last year. Both were polarized. I still have the Chillies that I bought in maine for $9.99.
Both have had the polarization in the lense much like Costa'a, not coated on them. In my opinion, the Cost'a will be your best bet but the cost may deter you.
Stay clear of the Calcutta brand if you hit the salt water allot. they are good for about a few weeks until the polarization film starts to rub off.
Also, the Costa's block both types of UV rays that are harmful for your eyes....

·
Registered
202 Posts
Costa Del Mar

I use get the cheaper glasses:--| . I finally got a pair of Costa's Fathom. I will NEVER get anything else again. Cost more but they are worth the extra cost. :cool:

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
H2O Optics---got a pair from E-Bay-----$35.00. I like em and they are a good loaner set to friends that forget theirs. I like em Costa-too

·
Registered
113 Posts
Costa Del Mar

Been wearing them for years and what striperswiper said, they back them up. I've had to send several pairs back over the years to have the lens replaced because of scratches and they make the needed repairs or will replace them whether under warranty or not and they always call first before doing so.
Can't go wrong.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I've probably had most of the major brands. 3 stand out as being very good. As mentioned above, Costa's are very good, but I recently got a pair of Maui Jim's & they are hands down the best polarized lenses I have ever worn (but they were STUPID expensive). The other ones that I liked alot were a pair of polarized Ray Bans. The only problem with the ray Bans is the lenses seem to break very easily if the glasses are dropped.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I've probably had most of the major brands. 3 stand out as being very good. As mentioned above, Costa's are very good, but I recently got a pair of Maui Jim's & they are hands down the best polarized lenses I have ever worn (but they were STUPID expensive). The other ones that I liked alot were a pair of polarized Ray Bans. The only problem with the ray Bans is the lenses seem to break very easily if the glasses are dropped.
the mauis are very nice i was able to get a good deal on glasses where i worked this summer and got a pair of the titanium ones theyy were deffinetly the sweetest glasses just to exspensive i sold um a week later and bought a new heaver combo

·
Registered
220 Posts
Costas at a Steal

Anyone needing Costas should give me a call. We sell a lot of them for the lowest prices in the country...guaranteed. Ship anywhere:)

Randy...Bait Shack...757-465-9020

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I have had many good sunglasses including Jims and Dels and many other brands. I have either lost or broken them all. Now I loose and break cheap sunglasses (polarized of course) all the time. Besides, I love that song...so they won't even know my name.

·
Super Moderator
10,102 Posts
Anyone needing Costas should give me a call. We sell a lot of them for the lowest prices in the country...guaranteed. Ship anywhere:)

Randy...Bait Shack...757-465-9020
I buy costas,about everytime I get my presciption changed which is usually 4 yr or so.. I'll be in the market for a new pair in about a yr,will keep your shop in mind... :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
I GOT A PAIR OF COSTA FATHOMS AND mp2 I LOVE THEM BOVE PLUS THEY GOT A LIFETIME WARRNTY AND THEY STAND BY IT :D
Yea right. :mad:

$34 to replace a templepiece on a < 2-year old $105 pair. (wonder how much the lenses would be). The replacement templepiece & the other started cracking. Said it was owner mistreatment.

To someone that has a 10 year old pair of Costas and a 25 year old pair of Wayfarers and a 30+ year old pair of Aviators. :mad: :mad:

Great optics & great fit, but I guess I outlived my "lifetime warranty" :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts