Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this looking like back to back years of no OBX trip because of a hurricane? i am supposed to check in Sunday the 9th but without the storm hitting until late thursday early friday there is no way they allow reentry by then is it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,782 Posts
Dare County is under immediate mandatory evacuation ..Meaning all non resident folks have got to leave. The storm is forecasted to be clear of the OBX by Sunday, but when, and if they let visitors back on the islands remains to be seen.
If you don't have cancellation insurance you may be on the hook for your rental fees. I'd suggest calling or emailing your realtor.

Although I hate posting links I think these may be helpful to any visitors coming during Hurricane season

https://mobile.twitter.com/DareCountyEM?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

https://www.darenc.com/departments/emergency-management
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dare County is under immediate mandatory evacuation ..Meaning all non resident folks have got to leave. The storm is forecasted to be clear of the OBX by Sunday, but when, and if they let visitors back on the islands remains to be seen.
If you don't have cancellation insurance you may be on the hook for your rental fees. I'd suggest calling or emailing your realtor.
i have insurance on the property. Got it for the first time last year and needed it as I was evacuated within the first 24 hours. I just got a feeling they wont let vistors back for a least a week
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,648 Posts
i have insurance on the property. Got it for the first time last year and needed it as I was evacuated within the first 24 hours. I just got a feeling they wont let vistors back for a least a week
I wouldn't count on being able to get there without it making landfall in FL/GA/SC or swinging out east and even then there might be enough damage they won't let you in for a while.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
I'm no local and definitely no expert but i do follow the weather very closely. I would wait till the very last minute to make my mind up. Last year Florence came through on a Friday and we were catching drum of the pier on Sunday. They were letting everyone back in on Saturday. i know ever storm is different so who knows with this one. i would have everything ready to go and hope for reentry. Depending on how long it takes you to get there even if it's Monday or Tuesday that's still not a bad trip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im pretty much banking on not coming down there until tuesday or wed at the very earliest. I am in richmond so its only a 3 3 and hour trip. We came in on Sunday last year, checked in at 4 and was evacuated by florence on Monday at 10am.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I hope it doesn't harm anyone or mess things up too badly. I was bummed to lose another vacation but think of what the people lost in the Bahamas and what could still be lost. I'm hoping to have even a small property there or close by one day and I can only imagine the stress involved. Stay safe everyone.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top