Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a run to be able to take in a coupla' hours of the reg-neg on Fri.
Ramp 27, stories of sea mullet, ramp 34 stories of nothing 'cept a hake/ling cod/slimey but was given about 10lbs of fresh bait. The Point, started raining and lightning about and hour after set up, time to leave. Back to the Bridge and a couple of bites on bait and one beady yellow eyed something that jumped hook. Grabbed a few hours sleep in the truck, let the rain go over and did a little beach and bridge recon. No one catching anything. Decided to go beachward and set up on an excellent low tide hole
. What was more interesting was the dredging they are doing at the Inlet and the dropping of sand they were doing on Pea Island

It looked to me that the only natural hole was the one I was fishing(directly out from the old lifeguard house) and then black sand all the way up on the right. It does not look good, but who knows about a month from now. I gave up 1/2 hour after dark and hightailed it northward, hoping to stop at WSJ and or a certain a party occuring in Va. Beach, but unfortunatley stopped for a quick nap at the Dismal Swamp and promptly fell asleep until 2ish. Bugger. Got home about 3:30ish, fishless, 'cept for all the bait.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
I gave up 1/2 hour after dark and hightailed it northward, hoping to stop at WSJ and or a certain a party occuring in Va. Beach, but unfortunatley stopped for a quick nap at the Dismal Swamp and promptly fell asleep until 2ish. Bugger.
Ya missed a good'un Darren.....the party quickly moved from the outside...in.

Glad most of the cookin' was already done.

BTW...those suicide trips are brutal.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tell me about brutal. Couldn't do anything all day yesterday.
Does this mean the A/C have turned into party dudes instead of anglers? I mean, partying while there's fish to be had. Whatever next, drinking beer on the sand:rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts