Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made it to the beach at 12:30am This morning and met up with my man who smuggled some bait for me. Fished through sun up. Nada! Made a trip off the beach for the morning constitutional and debated running to Buxton which would have added a couple more hours to drive time and decided against it since fishing time was limited. Back out to the beach to a sweet looking piece of water and was rewarded with my first real striper in 3 years. What a way to end the dry spell! Turned out to be a great day to be on the beach. I hope this turns out to be half as good as I am anticipating.

41" FL Estimated 30-32lbs.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
That is what I like to see!! I'm heading out the door in about 10 minutes to see if I can find one!! Great looking fish!! He's going to be mighty tasty!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i think thats the first striper from the surf this year! nice fish! released, i assumed since the weight is estimated.
Not quite the first from the surf. I heard of a few which was the reason for the suicide run. Yes this fish was released..........into the cooler! I don't have a scale so I can only guess the weight. If I get a chance I might weigh him today at work before filleting him.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
"running to Buxton which would have added a couple more hours to drive time and decided against it since fishing time was limited"
shhh! stop spot burnin':)
Splendid fish. She's got a lot of broken lines=semi-hybrid?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts