Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be in suffolk this week. I was wondering what types of fish are in the nansemond river and if I fish there will I have to have a saltwater license?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
You can try Jones Creek Landing. There maybe some cat fish. There is a pier. I believe you do not need a license but double check on the VMRC website.

·
Registered
46 Posts
What saltwater species are in there? I may be moving to Suffolk, so I'd be interested in getting some new species that you don't find out here in the mountains...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Best thing to do is try behind the mickeys d's on main street.... its across from the hilton hotel... I catch pretty good perch and eel... which i use for bait to catch nice catfish... The also have monster carp, rockfish, and gar.... I believe u need a saltwater lic. even know every fish i just named was freshwater.... I use to catch croaker and spot out there but i havent in awhile....

Also you can try bennett creek... U need a saltwater lic... n ur catching puppy drum, nice sized croaker and spot, some cats, alot of crabs , perch and some rockfish...
closes at dusk opens at dawn

Lastly u can try sleep hole park in the back .... u need a saltwater lic.... NICE puppy drum SHHHHHHHHH keepers size, croaker, spot , cats and rocks....

Goodluck

·
Registered
1 Posts
Best thing to do is try behind the mickeys d's on main street.... its across from the hilton hotel... I catch pretty good perch and eel... which i use for bait to catch nice catfish... The also have monster carp, rockfish, and gar.... I believe u need a saltwater lic. even know every fish i just named was freshwater.... I use to catch croaker and spot out there but i havent in awhile....

Also you can try bennett creek... U need a saltwater lic... n ur catching puppy drum, nice sized croaker and spot, some cats, alot of crabs , perch and some rockfish...

Lastly u can try sleep hole park in the back .... u need a saltwater lic.... NICE puppy drum SHHHHHHHHH keepers size, croaker, spot , cats and rocks....

Goodluck
Where at bennett creek can you crab from?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts