Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Stripers blitzing the beaches yet or the bay or lynnhaven? Any info would help! I think the water is still a little warm but you never know!

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I don't think the water is too warm. They're already being caught up around Yorktown, just not in great numbers yet. I tried WSJ the other night with no luck, but my boating friends have said they're there, but nothing of any size to speak of.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
The water temps are definetly too warm for big stripers, heard schoolies are around. Tried this evening on the York and caught a 4" blue on a 5" jerk shad...:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Water's way too warm. Don't look for blitzes until December, though they will start to show at night around Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I am not sure I would qualify it as a blitz, but the schoolies were feeding hard on top at HRBT last night... fish on every cast at times, they were finicky though... small plastics did the trick.

No cows, but I have heard of quite a few catches from 28-40in. already.

·
Registered
352 Posts
yea, I have heard of some bigger fish showing up around the bay. Some even at lesner
yup... i was @ Lesner monday afternoon and saw one beached. pretty exciting. too bad it wasn't on my line. no intel on the size though. didn't bother to check it out up close and personal like.

can't wait to catch me one. all this cold air, and cooling water temps is making me wanna quit my job and hang out at the beaches with rod in hand or spike.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
any blitzing or action @ chick's beach normally that's a great spot for schoolies and sometimes bigger ones

1 - 12 of 12 Posts