Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I posted something about Stripers a few days ago, but I figured I'd try it again. Just wondering if anyone (a) knows where to catch em, (b) actually tries....like i said last time, I fish for them exclusively when I'm in CT late spring/early summer, and the fight is like nothing else. I figure I'll post a picture of my biggest one last summer for the hell of it. Not the best pic of the bunch...the only one i've got saved on my computer at the moment thou.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nice fish :D :D

I know nothing about stripers but my buddy from NC keeps inviting me up to the Tar Heel state to catch a few on the Roanoke River (if I am not mistaken).

They are on the short list of fish that I whish I could catch.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bigshark...I dont know how much freshwater fishing you do, or if you've ever been to Lake Talquin but I keep reading that there's a pretty good population of Stripers there...I might take a drive down there this weekend to check it out. Nothing quite like hooking up with a 41" 26lber :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
The dam at lake seminole in chatahoochie just west of you also catch large cats. Don't remember which street to turn on off of hwy 90 but I think it is next to B-King, Just ask a local around there. Good luck
Louis

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
damn good fish joe ;) i am still trying to get me one of those up here in md. biggest i have gotten is 29" still looking for that 40 +.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Louis- So I can fish off of the dam there? I would be interested in that, what baits should I be using?

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts