Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone still catching them from shore or is the party over till next year. I got to catch four nice ones but it's been almost 3 weeks since the last one :fishing:

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
I know one was almost landed at North Beach Peir.. The angler grabbed the fish and the fish got loose.... Very Embarassing! lol

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
it sure did.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
The angler fought the fish like a champ....but was scared to grab her ...she was my geuss 36-40 and skinny [spawned out]

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Im sure he wasn't scared... But I guess when other anglers have nothing else to do their imagination can run wild..

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
hahahahha
Im sure he wasn't scared
I beg to differ..... this guy had fear all over his face when trying to grab the fish....I was there !!!!!

Other hit throwback rocks...no croakers last nite...some regulars said they hit croakers thought out the week...The rain kept most fisherman off the pier but the angler's were there fishing in the rain

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
LOL.. Sure buddy.. Monday Morning Angler..

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
It was me and that big Bi$%$ got away from me.. The fight was worth losing the fish.. I was fighting her with a HDX\Abu 6500 magged spooled with 12lb ultima(mono) mainline with 60lb shock.. I just wanted to land her, so I could say I landed this big girl with 12lb test. !!!! Alot of pier angler feel they need 30-100lb test braid to land large fish.. not true..

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
true very true... There will be others.. The way i see it this time the fish won... Next time It may be my day..

·
Registered
277 Posts
qwesi, i knew it was you from the talk. you are right though. i caught a 48.5in, 44# rock with a 7ft. rod i finished the day before. i had a 450 penn with 15# ande. i caught her on dec. 19, 1992. the marine biologist told me that in may she would have been about 56#.[loaded with roe]. i've only kept approx. a half dozen since then.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Bill, you're a better man than me.. I love rock fish so if I catch 12 a month I'm going to keep at least 6.. :) I'll be up your way again on May 16th...

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
It was me and that big Bi$%$ got away from me.. The fight was worth losing the fish.. I was fighting her with a HDX\Abu 6500 magged spooled with 12lb ultima(mono) mainline with 60lb shock.. I just wanted to land her, so I could say I landed this big girl with 12lb test. !!!! Alot of pier angler feel they need 30-100lb test braid to land large fish.. not true..
:eek: No say it aint so ;) J/K
Ditto on not needing heavy line but just be careful not to put to much strain on them when it warms up ..
My biggest fish landed from shore was a 70 pound Black Drum on 12 pound Yo Zuri Hybrid ;) (2005)
Largest Striper is 44" and 38 pounds on 10 pound Eagle Claw (Early 90's) .

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
You're right... before 4-18-2009 i used heavier line.. I didn't want to cause any damage bot now that I can keep them I wanted to play.. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.