Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't have a boat, but was wondering if there is a good place to target stripers. Lynnhaven, Chics Beach, Bennetts Creek maybe? Haven't really targeted these guys in what seems like forever.

·
Registered
276 Posts
For me the striper bite has slowed down a lot. Best for me was in November. I'm from the peninsula so the York and James worked good for me. Last week all I caught was shorts (12-16). Down south I heard some caught off the Elizabeth. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't have a boat, but was wondering if there is a good place to target stripers. Lynnhaven, Chics Beach, Bennetts Creek maybe? Haven't really targeted these guys in what seems like forever.
I live at the mouth of bennetts creek and the fishing was great for striper in november as well, however it died off right around thanksgiving. Haven't caught one since, and I'm not too sure as to why, unless the bait moved out.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I had good bites during opening season when that big northeastern came thur with the following week maybe two being good . then it started to warm back up and no bite since but little 12-14 inch schoolies . just find any bridge or rocky structure and work it ,what I did.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live at the mouth of bennetts creek and the fishing was great for striper in november as well, however it died off right around thanksgiving. Haven't caught one since, and I'm not too sure as to why, unless the bait moved out.
Thanks for the replies guys. Guess I was a little late. Might try Bennetts but don't really have time to fish during the night. I remember fishing the Nansmeond 7 years ago or so and tearing up the stripers at night.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
lotta breakwaters in Willoughby along the beach. some are wadeable, other newer ones have good water between the beach and them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts