Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, Hello all! I am new to the forum and am very impressed with knowledge base of all of the users. I was a Bass and Crappie fisherman originally... but now I am converted! I am going to Choptank this weekend for an all night fishing trip. We will have BloodWorms, Cut bait, and we have a 5 gallon bucket of fresh homeade chum :D

We would like to catch stripers and blues, are there any other regulations for stripers other than size limits, like a time restriction or something? Is there a good chance of catching stripers or blues and if so is any area of the pier mor condusive for them the others?

I appreciate the assistance....

·
Registered
399 Posts
you will catch some stripers at the tank. I would recommend either going to PLO or OC/IRI for a mix of stripers and blues.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
no stripers in your possession between midnight and 5 am. Have them in a cooler in your trunk by midnight.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,
I appreciate the information, both waht we may catch and especially the regulations. Wich me luck!

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I'm fishing either Matapeake or the Tank Friday night. If I decide to hit the Tank, I will post my results so you can see what's hitting and what's not. ;)

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Surfman,

I will meet you there then. Be forwarned though - This is my first trip to the Tank EVER. I usually fish the Bay or the surf in Delaware or AI.

I will be bringing a variety of bait - bloodworms, squid, spot and croaker, not to mention Purdue Peelers. We'll see what's biting.

I'll probably be there around midnight and fish until whenever (rain is predicted).

I'll be fishing on the Cambridge side (Eastern side?). I'll have my surf cart and my Pier and Surf hat. Look for the guy with using conventional tackle. :)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I was at the Tank Tuesday morning and all we caught was small perch on bloods,so whom ever is going buy some crabs(soft shell) and you will catch Rock,my buddy pulled in a nice 26"er and lost another using live perch(live lining) :mad: :mad: best of luck to all that's going.Just before the Kent Narrows bridge(right side) there's a bait shop(Island Fishing & Hunting)they open up at 5:00am - 7:00pm they sell bloods for 6.45 a doz.they're as fat as your little finger and they also sell crabs.TRIGGER

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Which side of the Tank is producing now? The Eastern or Western side? Lightpole numbers? Thanks :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
SurfMan You ready to leave @ 4:30 tomorrow

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TonyG,
You know I'm trying! All these guys have got me really excited about fishing the tank. Gonna Need a another Rod!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Everybody's talking about the TANK, I may have to give it a try myself. But I do have one question I live Fredericksburg, VA how far is it from me???? :cool: :confused:

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
far very far

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
95N to 95/495N to 50E all the way to Cambridge Md, should take you over 2 and half hours, depending on traffic, probably more. hope this helps

·
Registered
172 Posts
SurfMan I always have more than one rod in my truck ask in you need one let me know.
Ill be pullen out early because I need to go to the Basspro shop and Return my new ocean Master rod that broke, but i'll see You and Todd there.

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
You guys fishing the Tank tonight (Friday)remember that high tide is 9:56PM meaning that the most productive time will be from 10:00PM to around 2:30AM during the outgoing tide. That will give you a window of about 2 hrs to keep any rock. A lot of people get discouraged fishing the Tank expecting to catch the big ones only to catch perch, catfish, and spot with dinks mixed in. This is because they are not fishing the out going tide. That's why it's so important to plan your trip around the tides rather than the time of day. Just remember that the Tank is a tributary unlike Matapeake which is right on the bay. Good luck and hope you fill the cooler.

Catman.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All, TonyG and I will be there tonight... somewhere around 9:00 PM... See you there (at cambridge side) and tightline!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts