Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just talked to my brother in Hatteras, he said there was an awesome blitz at the point this morning. The best they've seen all this season. I'm new to this board and have done most my striper fishing by boat. Any of you regulars have any input on the chances of any blitzes up here or are we done for the season?

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Hatteras always remains a wild card during the winter since the Gulf Stream is just offshore and spins in warm water even in the most bitter cold.

Tidewater could have a few blitzes here and there off Sandbridge if it warms up, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Good point flea.

iffin ya want to catch a fish in the following weeks, watch the rutgers site and see what hatteras inlet and ocoke look like.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
As the water warms the fish will move back in. It is just a question of timing. The sooner it is warm the better to catch the later they are here to do business.

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
JD1,

Were done until our waters warm up :(

Agree w/Dr. B on Rutgers site that provides water temps and keep your finger on the pulse online via P&S.com or Tidalfish and locally by guys like 8&bait, dickyboy77, et al - who might get into some unexpected action :D

Otherwise for Rock from the beach keep Diggin` until water warms ... other options include the ER/YR hot ditch(s) for pups/specks or head boat for sea bass/tog action ;)

Go fish,

`bucket

1 - 8 of 8 Posts