Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out with another pns member last night to my secret spot. throwed plugs most of the night topwater was doing amazing for the first 45 mins then rattle traps and mirrorlures. . lots of striper caught but non was of size to keep. after about an hr my buddy hooked up on a nice keeper on the topwater plug what an amazing strike and sight to see.fish went to cut him off on the railroad pylon so he locked down the reel and there went the fish laughin at us. Not to long after that my buddy hooked up on another nice size fish with a mirrorlure for the redemption of losing the first one and once we thought it was all over the hook was pulled on the mirrorlure . so two nice fish was lost and never seen but I bet I slept better then he did last night.. Go get them they are out there.

·
Registered
316 Posts
It's nice to hear a striper report after several LEAN years! We all remember what the last few have been like. I hope folks only keep what they can use and release the rest!
I like to think that the really snotty weather always gives the bait and game fish an edge to get out of the Bay and into the ocean BEFORE the MENHADEN BOATS and NET BOATS wipe 'em out. :rolleyes:
Go stripers!

BA

·
Registered
67 Posts
Went out with another pns member last night to my secret spot. throwed plugs most of the night topwater was doing amazing for the first 45 mins then rattle traps and mirrorlures. . lots of striper caught but non was of size to keep. after about an hr my buddy hooked up on a nice keeper on the topwater plug what an amazing strike and sight to see.fish went to cut him off on the railroad pylon so he locked down the reel and there went the fish laughin at us. Not to long after that my buddy hooked up on another nice size fish with a mirrorlure for the redemption of losing the first one and once we thought it was all over the hook was pulled on the mirrorlure . so two nice fish was lost and never seen but I bet I slept better then he did last night.. Go get them they are out there.
Great report , looks like a good start this year!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for the great report! I am sure your friend is still up from last night lol. So not revealing your secret spot, could you possibly tell us what body of water? James, york, elizabeth?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Elizabeth river is closet to me so I fish there more but I've caught them everywhere in the 757. rudees at night. .over by the old Portsmouth tcc. Norfolk waters near waterside .Just find a bridge ,some decent current or nice lighting on the water and do some casting . anything that rattles works good ,gulps, topwater etc. I catch more at night but they still bite during the day .if you haven't seen them jump or caught one in 30 -40 min move to,a new spot, if they are there I usually get a bite or see them splashing within the first 10-15 minutes .. They love bridges. That's where I catch more at ...dead tide is usually a dead bite for me. So moving current tide is better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts