Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any chances of a stray drum still being caught from the sandbridge area? I haven't had the opportunity to get out there for about a month and can go this Friday. Am I wasting my time?

·
Registered
83 Posts
The puppy drum are still in Lynnhaven. Saw some bigger fish there fishing sunday morning. The school had fish bettween 26"-35". If the smaller ones are still around the bigger ones are still here. Good luck.

Pat

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
If they're being caught off of Corolla as recent as this past weekend, then I'd bet there are still some out there. The weather for the next couple of days doesn't look so good, but I'm hoping to make it out there myself at some point this weekend.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
The puppy drum are still in Lynnhaven. Saw some bigger fish there fishing sunday morning. The school had fish bettween 26"-35". If the smaller ones are still around the bigger ones are still here. Good luck.

Pat

thats a common misconception

·
Registered
846 Posts
Very true because you can catch puppys in lynn and rudee allwinter just kinda hard to find them

·
Registered
352 Posts
so here's a stupid question...

how much longer (if any) will the drum be around until they move on??? i have a week of vacation comming (in 2 weeks) and looking to caught something big, be it striper, drum (black or red), or even bluefish.

·
Registered
192 Posts
(fish all night with a big bait you might get one to a hundred skate),You still have a chance to catch one off sandbridge beach.I snagged one last year at firststreet jetty in december, Striper fishing!You really dont know what you will catch, you just have to get out there and see how the fish gods favor you.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
yup!
Always worth trying if you've got the time.

This is a good transition period to be fishing for a lot of things in different places. Sandbridge water may become unfishable for a coupla days, but inside the bay will remain fishable regardless.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
The Pups are definately still around. I invited one home for dinner last Sunday and he used to live in Rudee. ;)

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fishing... a waste of time, ... hmmm, never thought of it that way. :confused:
:eek::eek: My gosh, I had to go back and read that for myself. Did I really say that? I stand corrected. Perhaps I should have said " Would I be better off targeting another species?";)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts