Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know you guys talk about them a lot. What have yall found is the best way to retrieve them? thanks

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Simply tie them on.......No weight neseccary.They are already impregnated with weight(depending on size of wild eye purchased)The fish seem to love the 4 inchers.

Reteive:Expiriment.They have been nailing them on slow to medium retreives.Got my biggest 1 yesterday on a slow-med retreive with alittle twitch.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I believe the 4" swim shad is something like 7/8 oz and the 5" weighs 1-1/2 oz. They cast fairly well. The swim shads come pre-rigged with the lead head completely embedded inside the plastic body. They're both durable and cheap though.

I use a slow retrieve and twitch my rod every now and then to give it a light up and down jigging motion. Sometimes I just let it sit in the current, pull back, and let the current take it again.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what r the best colors to get. last night i got pearl and rainbow trout in the 4 inch model.

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
DR,

Vary your retrieve ... I prefer to work them either dead stick (a slow straight retrieve) or pick up the pace slightly (w/a twitch/hop)not all to different from regular jiggin or grubbin' :D

And yes, Poleant is correct Storm platsics are a bit expensive for a Blue blitz :eek:

Go fish and fish what ya got or are givin',

`bucket

·
Registered
300 Posts
Good lure but watch it with the Blues...one bit the one I was using in half today.

*wierd thing happened - a few minutes after the blue bit my lure in half, a guy about 20 feet down the pier from me caught the same freaking fish with the half of the lure still in his mouth!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seems that bluefish took the term, "biting off more than he could chew literally. :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts