Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess my season is going to be put on hold for a bit.

Had my truck broken into today at new carrollton metro station. They got both of my bags filled with plugs, tins, terminal tackle, my bags, pliers, knives, jigs and everything else.
2 bags, 1 a camo basspro bag and other an under armor backpack. If anyone by chance heard of it for sale let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Bummer.
Really makes you want to ride Metro, huh.
Hit some local spots, Bladensburg, Kenilworth Haines Point etc, and take a look around.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Not good! :mad: :mad: On the bright side, they didn't get any of your rod/reel setups.
Figure for $100 it should get you through the fall season. Couple packages of swim shads, some bucktails, gulp and leadheads, etc....

·
Registered
210 Posts
They broke in my car a while ago, but I was lucky they didn't know what was there(dollar wise) so all they did was dump out my tackle bags. Had to pay for the broken window thou

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sorry to hear KK. I know how you feel.
Had my small tackle bag stolen at IRI several months ago.
I keep all my fishing gear in my garage after every trip.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Homeowners will cover stuff stolen from a vehicle. At least they did when my truck was broken into....twice.
Homeowners will cover, but subject to deductible. They probably will ask for some proof of what was lost. Make a list now, while you remember. If you have receipts, send copies (not originals). Pictures also help. You should be able to negotiate for an approximate value.

Brooklyn fish

·
Registered
290 Posts
Shoot me a PM. I have some gear that has sat for years and needs a home where it will get used.

Plugs and lead I will never use. I used to fish IRI alot but haven't been there in years.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Don't the Metro stations have security camera everywhere. I ride the Marc Penn line from Odenton to DC and the Odenton Marc station has cameras everywhere.

I wonder if Metro police will be willing to review any security tapes for you.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Don't the Metro stations have security camera everywhere. I ride the Marc Penn line from Odenton to DC and the Odenton Marc station has cameras everywhere.

I wonder if Metro police will be willing to review any security tapes for you.
I asked n he said there were none aimed at that area of the lot that were working. My truck was parked out in the open near the street and gate.

The cop didn't care at all. I realized afterward he didn't even take my # down. The truck next to me had been gone through too with all his stuff on the ground. I pointed that out to the cop after he finished my report and his exact response was "that Sucks." then he left.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Sorry to hear abut their lack of concern for your lost.

They need to put a person back in that gate house or have metro police cruise the parking lots.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts