Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below is what we think stung a child this morning on a NC beach. Not 100% sure, but this is what they found and were messing with in an ocean side tidal pool when they got stung. Multiple welts and redness/swelling along with enough pain to make them scream. Hot water and benadryl and things seem to be OK now. Any thoughts? There seems to be a tendril of something coming out of the top. Slightly soft and squishy, attached to a shell that wasn't its own, and popped loose when pushed.