Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for all you guys that think the fish are gone. today about 730am there was a massive flock of gannets and gulls working about a 1/4 mile maybe a little further, just out of casting reach off the beach in front of 7th street. followed to the ramada but didn't come in close enough. the flock was huge. still out there as of 1130am. also a small school of fish in front of the lynhaven fishing pier. also out of reach.
good luck to all you

·
Registered
202 Posts
Sounds good but did anyone else notice the article in the paper this morning? Dredging and beach replenishment starts today along Sandbridge. I'm sure it will help the fishing along there as much as the dredging
last season at Lynnhaven inlet did. :confused:

·
Registered
290 Posts
It appears the beach replenishment will start at the last house on the south end with the bulkhead and head south to the fence just past the pier. They will then restart at the last house on the south end and move northerly.

It’s sure to screw things up a bit but whatdoyado?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Dickyboy77, thank you. I have posted a couple of times to this board that the area south of Cape Henry to the the Ramada is worth a try. I have seen fish in these waters often, lately between Cape Henry and Rudee. Good thing you were there, the fish may not have come in to the beach, but if they had you would have been there for an experience of a lifetime.

Laters,

Lou

·
Registered
5 Posts
Having read many posts on this site recently, I stopped by the Ramada at the North End today about 3:30 and the birds were diving just north, about 59th street.
They were within casting distance! I ran home (two blocks) to get my rods and was back within ten minutes and it was over!
I've checked this area alot recently and the bird action was the busiest i have seen in weeks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts