Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlenmen and ladies, does anyone know where I can purchase one of these tools?

ralph

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a little big..

orest, thanks bud!

ralph

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
invalueable resource..

wizard & orest, thanks guys. i knew i could count on the fishing community. i am looking for a scale that i can carry in my tackle box to weigh tackle. with all the information that i gotta retain tackle weight does not rate, thus the reason for the scale. what do you guys do to remember what is one and a half ounces as opposed to what weighs three or four ounces? and how do you keep track of the line # on your reels?

ralph

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Re: invalueable resource..

Ralph said:
what do you guys do to remember what is one and a half ounces as opposed to what weighs three or four ounces? and how do you keep track of the line # on your reels?

ralph

Usually, just guess. If it is too light, go to a heavier one, etc. As far as line, don't know how the scale will help, just know what I spool with.

For what you're looking to do, I'd say go to "Halmark" (greeting cards), any store, and ask for postal scales. They are a small balance scale that goes from 0-4 ounces. Has a little clip you can attach to your jigs/lures, and runs about $1.50.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
indiglo

orest, that is exactly what i am looking for. u da mon. thanks!
wizard check out the sites orest located. one scale even has a light for night fishing. way kool.
ralph

·
Registered
681 Posts
Ralph (Keep It Simple Stupid = KISS)

How about writing the line size on a piece of tape on the bottom of the reel. You could also write what type of oil is in the reel. I first saw this on Connman reels.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
good idea...

orest, wizard, aero, all very good comments. thanks for your input.

raplh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts