·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I know a little about this subject.

Ugly sticks with spinning reels. Before you go fishing take them out to a field, tie on some plastic toys and have casting contests.

Go for distance and accuracy during the contests.

·
Registered
983 Posts
yup, when it comes to little guys, Ugly-Stiks are the way to go, cant hardly break the darn things, and they aint overly expensive either, and you can get both baitcasters, and spinners..........ya cant go wrong imho

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
start them with spincast up to 5-6 then put them in to a spinning reel. my daughters match my distance and my son can throw a brick. start them early so they don't get afraid.

·
Registered
983 Posts
also if your worried about the color coding to keep the kids from arguing over who's rig is who's then get yourself some different colored electrical tape and put a couple wraps on each rod just above the handle, that way they can see which one is theirs

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
also if your worried about the color coding to keep the kids from arguing over who's rig is who's then get yourself some different colored electrical tape and put a couple wraps on each rod just above the handle, that way they can see which one is theirs
or make them feel special by "personalizing" the rod with their name. Permanent marker for cheap, or names can be typed on an adhesive backed waterproof sticker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.