Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty new to fishing but I love it.. Was wondering if anyone can give me advice on a good , cost effiicent, rod and reel combo to maximize casting distance.. fishing out of MD.. thanks

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Where are you fishing and for what? I know they sound like stupid questions, but a pier rod would be different than a surf rod, would be different from a boat rod. If you are pretty new to fishing, you would probably want to stick to a decent quality spinning combo. Others I am sure will chime in once you let us know where you will be standing when casting. :)

Robert

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just started fishing at Patuxent NAS, Hogs point, which is from shore. Mainly have been fishing for blues, or whatever else is out there, including skate.
OR I take a trip to my aunts house in Deale MD. the neighborhood has a pier on the chesapeake that doesnt go out that far. Im currently fishing with a Walmart special spinning combo rod .. being new to this dont know all the specs or what have you..
thanks for the current and continued help..
over and out

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
spinning - Tica

Casting - BPS ocean master

Spinning reel -new Daiwa Regal 8000 or 5000

Casting - used SHV or SLH 20

Check with Fishnhook.com or Digitaldagger.com for deals....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.