Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, it's time to start planning your fishing trip(s) for the year. If you've already been fishing this year, then this probably doesn't apply to you.

Remember : If you don't have a plan yourself, you become part of someone else's plan.

Can't Fish Today. (but definitely this year)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I'v plan to hit SPSP sometime around the last part of March for rock(catch/release) and then in April for keepers. Planning a trip to VA. beach/OBX around May,while I'm down there(VA) delivering a work bench to my brother in law and then hitting NC to see if the Drum are running and the rest of the year meet up with a few of the P&S family and then ask Shaggy if I can tag along with him and show me the ropes on AI, the "PRO" of Queenstown.:p :p

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Hey Trigger, AI anytime you are up for it, probably best mid to late March, early April, but come late February I'll be making some day trips to AI to start some scoping at least and yes some fishing. Brother and I are hoping for a three day late January/ February sometime to OBX and as for OBX in May, let me know when, I can try for a three day weekend, and make the drive and meet up with you. Also, if this year is like last year, you may be showing this dog some tricks.:)

Have Jeep will travel. :D

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Sh!- can't teach an old dog tricks,I use to fish AI every weekend(20yrs.ago) but got out of it for some stupid reason. I was talking to someone awhile back about AI and they told me you were "The Man" to see, so could you take me under your wing(your good one) and teach me a thing or two.:jawdrop:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I have lots of places I want to go to this year I'll start setting things up this week but one plan I will do is to me and fish with as many of my P + S family as I can.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Hey Coco, if possible for you to get a couple of days to show a southerner (sounds funny, since down Carolina I'm a northerner) some surf spots, shoot me a pm, usually go south cooler months here, but maybe north when weather turns hot? I figure maybe you fish New York or northern Jersey?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
That sounds like a plan to me Shaggy as it gets warmer I'll keep in touch and we'll see what we can do.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Trigger, they must have me mixed up with my brother and best friend (of course other than my wife) who was the one who got me addicted to AI, about two years ago. I am some what of a quick learner, and I learned that there is more to AI than fish, but if you want to learn from a master in training, then I'll have to bring him along.

First thing that I did learn about AI though is that I love it, fish or not.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Key word being 'when', I get well and able to be out of this bed I want to do some pier fishing. I'm really hoping for Spring. Had a MRI done Christmas Eve and go see my Doc this Thursday. Done know whats instore, but tight lines to all.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Best Wishes

My prayers are with you and your family Panchojoe. Get well soon.:D

todd

·
Registered
634 Posts
i'm looking forward to catching some KEEPER flounder this year since i wasnt able to get one this year:(....also plan on doing some big catfishing on the james river....sure miss the croaker :( aint much for eating but they provide plenty of fun on light tackle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts