Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All!

Last weekend I decided to forsake the rain and wind at the shore and take my nephew Scooter (age 9) to a Lehigh County (PA) farm pond I like to frequent. Although we weren't able to get any minnows, Scooter made out all right with some night crawlers we bought from a vending machine.

Let's see how he does next year on blackfish (I hate a show off!)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Farm Pond

Jake,
Nice post! Kids are great to take fishing, esp. when they're biting. I introduced my six year old to the sport this spring and he now can't get enough of it! I think he has only been absent on my ocean trips this summer. Tight lines to all! Murphman:)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Good Job Jake and now you have a new fishing partners.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Jake, nice post and pics. Scooter looks like a pro. Looking at your photo you're a dead ringer for my ex son-in-law. Talk about scary.:eek:

Catman.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Greetings Dad, erhh, I mean catman!

Thats the "after" shots... I usually sport a bit more hair than that. Here are some pics from the Chessie Charter. they're not complete -- I have another camera waiting to be used up and developed:

Hopefully we'll get our arms pulled out of their sockets on the Grizzly charter!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Greetings murphman!

This kid's already psyched for shark fishing next year! Of course, he hasn't hooked into any of the Farm Pond Hawgs....

Think I'll take him out for channel cats next, give those little arms a workout!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Greetings David!

I'm in that compensatory stage of angling now, where I want to give back to the sport. I love showing both kids and grown-ups how its done! Of course, I'm still learning myself, so it will be an ongoing thing....

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Jake, thanks for the pics of your trip. You did have a little more growth back then. I like the clean cut look. Really sorry I couldn't be there, two yrs in a row. Next year come hell or high water I'm going to make it. Looking forward to fishing with you on the Grizzly trip. By then Jason will probably have a lap top to give live on-line reports, maybe even a web cam. Thanks again man.

Catman.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Jake there is nothing that feels better than seeing the face of a first catch.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
First large mouth WHATTA RUSH got my first put a fly rod fly on a 202 zebco pulled out 4 ft a line and whipped it into the pads then POW :cool: made my day then pops got me a fly rod :p

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Greetings inawe!

I tried the fly rod thing for a couple of months when I was 17 -- seemed like too much work to catch a fish! About the only thing I mastered was the roll cast -- at least it kept me out of the trees and bushes behind me!

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hey Jake them pics are great! It was a great time. Should be even better on our next adventure.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Greetings Jason!

Still waiting for the "action" shots... there on the last camera, and I still have a few empty frames to fill. Of course, with the weather reports, I may not get to use them until the 'tank clean-up!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Ole' Bucket Mouth...

Jake,

Nice bass your nephew got! Have you introduced him to to the "Dark Side" yet (Lure fishing)? :eek:

The photos got me homesick - Due to all the stuff going on with me (new job, house, Military retirement, etc.) we have not gone to our little hideaway house in Shohola Falls in the Poconos. This type of pond is typical of those I fish every day in the Poconos.

Have I got a topwater lure for you that you can fish in this slop! Drop me an email with a mailing address and I will mail you a couple ASAP! This kid will be taking LMB, pickeral, pike, and musky before you know it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts