Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be heading over to St. Simons the first week of April. Staying at East Beach near the Coast Guard Station. I'm bringing my yak along and some of the sharkin gear...but I wanna take the yak though a creek that is supposed to be behind our condo. Will the water be warm enough for the sharks to be in surf? How is the surf, this time of year?

Thanks! (I know its early to ask but I'm dieing to get to the salt and want something to ease myself!)

·
Registered
20 Posts
well I will be down about that time.I can't answer you about the yakking part but I catch bonnetheads that time of year. we come down the first or second week of April every year and do ok with sharks and whiting

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I've heard some great stuff from that area. 'Fintalk.com' is where I've been reading from about this area. Scott owen is the guide that is still posting fishing reports from the area. We will be checking that area out in mid march. Today in the sav. Area we got an over abudance of manhaden but nothing on our target fish which may have been due to the barometric pressures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.