Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im new to these boards. I am currently a student in athens and have been looking for a pier fishing website/beach fishing i believe i found it! Kool! Im a super avid fisherman...i took this semester off so nothing would get in the way i catch a ton of fish usually fishing down near st. simons off there pier and off the public access beaches there....nothing is more exciting then landing a five foot sand shark infront of 100+ swimming tourists......anyway are there any south georgia fishermen/women on here and tell me where ya fish or what ya use:? i catch all my own bait in one of my 3 cast nets....a 7' superspreader, a 6' old salt, and a 5' old salt. I love to catch sharks and large spadefish this time of year. For the spades i use cut pieces of shrimp i catch with my net...for the sharks i use mullet. I see you cant post pictures on here but i got a few good ones of my 20lb bonnethead that i caught on 9/18/03 and a nice 3lb spadefish. I cant wait for any responces...about anything!!!

-billy

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Hey Crabby to post pics all you need to do is donate to the site (minimum of $10 and you get supporter status which allows you to do all kinds of neat stuff(post polls, pics....) Go to bottom left side where it says support to see how. Trust me this site is worth it. Emmanuel will probably be the man to talk to for your side of town. I feel ya on them sharks. Adrenaline rush for sure, only thing better is them monster reds in the surf! Tight Lines!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Allrighty then, another GA boy. You may want to try Tybee Island Pier. It's alot closer to you than St. Simmons and the fishing is GOOD.Alot of sharks are caught on Tybee.Bonnettheads, lemons, Atlantic Sharpnose, Spiny Dogfish, Spinner sharks, and Black Tips. They allso catch Spadefish. I have landed a bunch of 3' and 4' sharks over the years and have seen some go alot bigger. I also catch my own shrimp and mullet not too far from the pier. There is no web site for Tybee but like FL Fisherman said Emanuel keeps us informed. He lives down there and can tell you more. I just go down 8-10 times a year to fish. Oh yea, welcome to the board. Would like to see some pics of big sharks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sure pics are tight my email is posted in my profile...i have sent some pics to the the feedback thing....i missed catching the world record bonnethead by 2 lbs 1 ounce so i can catch them major.,....i have also landed a 7 foot bull and a 6 foot blacktip , the largest ray i have caught was 154lbs....im not unfamiliar with very large fish from land....but pics are also welcome send me a pic and i can send ya some kool o btw....i would love to fish with yall some time or something i am currently training my girlfriend into a master fisher....to you all i prolly sound like a lot of hot air or whatever but im serious this website is tight and im looking foward to participating in your convos and fishing expeditions?

-billy

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't get to that area often but when I do I always fish at the St. Simons pier, because my mother lives on the island now. I am much more of a 'small game' fisherman though it is fun to watch you big tackle guys work. I went to St. Simons last month and caught upwards of 100 croaker in two days off of the pier. While I was there I got to see some of the sharks landed. Keep us informed of what's going on in the area when you go there--and make sure to take note of the action the 'little guys' are having.:)

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Crabby you need to realize that this isn't really a college and teenage crowd you are conversing with so the snoop dogg references aren't really gonna work so well.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Crabby_84 said:
Fo shizzle my nizzle
I'm college age and I don't think I have ever said that!:D But seriously, yeah, you don't need to use whatever slang the kids these days are using? By the way, what are they using? Because I have no idea.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Hey Crabby,

I'm with Bluerunner and Emanuel. I have no idea what your talking about.....I'm 35 something. Please be a little clearer for us "not hip" guys. We here on the board all have different backgrounds/agegroups and it would be better to post stuff that everyone can understand. My .02 cents. No insult indended. Looking forward to your reports.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
yeah i'm in college at clemson right now i was just letting crabby know that not everybody knows all the slang and stuff young people use, I am able to speak and type fine where everybody can understand me even though I am also able to converse in the slang terms like "fo' shizzle my nizzle," which basically means "for sure." I'm just saying for ease of communication speak like a normal person.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Bluerunner,

I myself have to work on my writing......Bad spelling, grammer,syntax and sentence stucture. At least you can do both....write well and understand current slang. I can not do either.:(

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have fished at the jekyll pier hundreds of times....there seems to be a lot of drum off it, i always manage to catch some puppy drum off my shrimp..also a great deal of flounder and whiting off the corners ...the current is always pretty rough at the pier with a rocky bottom. Good drum and crab fishing there, the world record flounder was also caught at that pier....just a thought

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Actually crabby, the world record flounder were caught in Fla. and NY. North Carolina's 20+ pound state record flounder was caught at Snow's Cut, Gorgia's 15+ pounder was at North Jetty St. Mary's, and South Carolina's two records were caught at Murrell's Inlet and South Santee.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
The state record flounder was caught at the Jekyll Pier, FYI. I've never fished it, but plan to soon when the flounder come in good. I want a doormat for my cooler.:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.