Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out there this morning, got there around 10. Nothing real great, actually a pretty crappy day. 5 whiting, and a sh*t load of crabs. It was ridiculous. Tried just about everything in the tackle box with no luck. Oh, and a lovely sliced finger on a botched fillet job....hurt like hell. Oh well. Bigshark---did you go out there today, any luck?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just got back and I landed a HUGE Sheepshead
It was the biggest one I have ever seen at about 21 inches

There were FSU Undergrad Students next to me who probably caught 30 flounder.

I couldn't get to the flounder hole because those other guys and gals were on top of it but that sheepshead made my day worth it

Stand by for a good story about those FSU kids who were tearing up the flounder…

;)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Flounder...sheepshead...where the hell were you fishing? Sounds like someone was fishing by the bridge. I was really tempted to give that a shot the other day, but ya know...had to get back for the ncaa tourney...had to give the 'cuse my support....since texas had to beat uconn....

·
Registered
70 Posts
So I was out on the beach near this jetty (in “The Plantation” btw). And I am there with my GF (fiancé) and her folks. I was down the beach from them a little bit, rod in hand and toes in sand… Well this girl is walking down the beach towards me and I am not paying any attention but she gets closer and she is HOT!

She was skinny but “well-endowed” and she was carrying the following items…

Right arm- 7-foot fishing rod with a spinning reel attached
Left arm- A case of Natural Light

I wanted to take a picture but I figured that would piss off; mystery fantasy fishing goddess(beer and fishing woman), my GF, my GF’s dad…

She was a vision though. And I saw her later with her undergrad friends catch a bunch of fish.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah well those of us who aren't staying at the Plantation supposedly cant get out there....not fair. Im thinking about going back next weekend, but I dont wanna go if I'm just gonna catch freaking crabs all day. 5 whiting for like 4 hours doesn't really cut it for me. I dont know if it was just a bad day or what. What's usually better, gulf side or bay side?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.