Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I need a good travel rod that will easily fit on planes for piers. Was thinking about st croix tide master 3 piece medium heavy. Anyone use one? Anything similar that anyone has? Really want something compact

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not many choices out there. St. Croix probably as good as you’ll find. Bass Pro Offshore Angler makes travel rods that are pretty good and may be cheaper if on a budget. I would check to see which ones come with a hard travel tube or that will be another expense.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I have a St croix tidemaster 8', 1-2 oz conventional rod that I've had for years. Not a travel rod. Wors.great slinging 1-2 oz metal when matched up with my Curado 300EJ reel and 15 lb mono. I like the rod.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Tidemasters are excellent rods, very lightweight strong and responsive . The medium heavy versions would be fine for fishing off a pier . I have had an 8 foot Tidemaster for years and actually prefer it to my 8 foot Avid Inshore rod in the same weight rating. The Avid is softer overall and a little too noodly for my tastes even though it's made from SC III. Avid inshore is an original version that's been sitting idle for years with the Alps guides that I will sell and put it in the appropriate forums when I get around to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts