Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was an epic day. By epic I mean I caught more species of trashfish on artificials than I ever have before.

Started off at the main pier and watched a probably 25 pound king swim by in 6 feet of water. :eek: Didn't have anything but a little 2500 Shimano spooled with 8 pound mono. So I kicked it off with a remora and then a baby jack crevalle, then a baby blue runner. Went to Deepwater Point to try for flounder (actually caught two) and caught a sea robin, a couple fat lizardfish and healthy sized sea perch.

I then hit the lagoon pier and watched a lizardfish brutalize my lure on the top until he finally managed to hook himself.

Then went back to the main pier again and watched yet another big king swim by. I then jumped a ladyfish on a pompano jig, so that left me only a sailcat shy of the ultimate Panama City Beach trashcan slam.

The original intent was to go see if the flounder had moved into the Point (which they haven't quite done yet)but once I started catching so many different trash fish, I had to see if I could get the slam. :D

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Still not a bad day. At least you are catchin.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just returned home from 16 day stay at St.Andrews.Didn't try for flounder as the water seemed too warm.Talked to a few who were gigging while night fishing the point and they weren't being successful.Before the jetty sunk I did good walking out it and fishing the deep end of the kiddy pool for early fall flounder fishing early mornings.Caught about 100 or more sailcats while fishing for redfish.
Jake

1 - 4 of 4 Posts