Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,
I'm heading out to spsp tomorrow from 6 to 10 a.m.
Is anyone else gonna be there?

I'll report with info when i get back

STRIKER:D

·
Registered
597 Posts
Hey striker welcome to the board,
some of us have to work you know...ha..ha. anyway report back because I am interested to see how SPSP is in the morning. Try some cut bait for blues..and some bloods for striper

BTW Until Sept 15th, SPSP is open 24hr to fishermen so you can go before 6am if you choose plus between 8pm and 6am it is only a buck to get in.

Good luck

RD

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks rd
i think im heading down to warrens bait box for some bloods and im on vacation so i thought id go down when it's less crowded

STRIKER

:)

·
Registered
597 Posts
The last time I was there I saw two keepers and the next time I was there I heard later that two more keepers were caught. You just have to know where to find them.

I was not the one catching them though.

Have fun

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey rd,

I went to sandy point from 6 to 10 with hardly any luck.
First we only caught a few croaker and perch only one over the legal limit. Second a bird flew into our line:jawdrop: and got stuck so we had to bring him into shore and cut the line of of him.
We had one big striker that nearly bent the rod in half but before we could get to the pole the rod was still??? wierd. i wonder what im doing wrong ?

just reporting back

STRIKER:(

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have never seen a bird anyway near my lines. However, I did see one swoop down one time out there and cary off a large croaker. What you may have had on you line was a ray. One thing to be careful for out there. I have one almost take my pole last time. Come out on Wed. night and look for some of the P & S guys and get some good advise and meet some nice people. SP is not always that easy to fish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts