Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's going to SPSP Friday in the AM?
Do either Anlglers or the Marina store at SPSP have sand spikes? I left mine at the beach.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Left them at the beach? I think Anglers carries them but they will be expensive. Better off going to Walmart or K-Mart to get them.

Making them yourself is even cheaper AND you can make them to suit the length that you want - 5', 6', or taller. :)

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
SS,

Exactly! Cut the PVC in half with a saw on a 45 degree angle, add a couple of carriage bolts, BAM! Two surf tubes.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ooops...let me clarify. I left my other sand spikes, the ones that I made, at my beach house in Bethany.
I wanted to know if either Anglers or the marina store at SPSP has spikes for sale.

LOL.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Forget the sand spikes and fish from your house in DE. ;) Lots of blues in the surf right now...and at IRI.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
3R's / IRI are too far for a 5 hour window of opportunity. I'm going to take my 5 year old and try to catch some croakers with him.
If he gets tired of fishing the play ground is always a good close option.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I got there about 10:15 and fished through 12:15. NOT ONE HIT.
I should have known the day was shot as soon as I stepped on the sand. I was appraoched by 2 other guests advising me they had reserved the whole beach for a function. After talking with them for a few minutes, while my 5 year old son was watcing they thought it was ok for me to fish between the 2 jetties to the extremem left hand side of the beach, just before the "no fishing" sign.
About 20 minutes later another guy from the same party told me I'd have to leave by 12:30 because the group was going to launch home made boats from the area.
I did not realize you could reserve any part of the beach. I guess I'll have to check with park admin next time I head out to make sure there is room for me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was there also and no one said a word to me. I was wondering why it was so crowded. As far as I know, you cannot reserve that part of the beach and cannot reserve at night. I would be curious to see if they were just BS-ing you. Even if they could reserve, wouldn't there have been a notice posted? I'll ask next time I am there.

PS: I didn't get a single stinkin' bite either :confused:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Did you pay the entrance fee...of course you did. Was there a sign when you came in saying you couldn't use the beach?....of course not. I am not saying for you to be an A'hole but they CAN'T reserve the whole beach without reserving the whole PARK!

I am stepping off my soapbox....as you were!

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
You guys have to leave SPSP alone and drive another 30 minutes and fish the Tank, never a skunk there. :D

Catman. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now, I know what to do. If something like what happened to me today occurs again, Ill let my New York attitude fly.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
SharkHunter...Man that's a bummer. I don't think those guys could run you off a public beach. I know hind sight is 20/20 but you should have asked them to get one of the DNR guys to ask you to leave. I'd call their bluff. After all you did pay for the right to use the facility.

Catman.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm with all you guys they would have had a hard time removing me from the beach. If I pay the entrance fee the only person that could get me off the beach would have to have a badge and than I would demand a refund of the park entry fee..just my feeling on the subject :D :D

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Guys,

Sometimes they do have special functions like kid sailing days, kayak races, etc. I have seen lots of people that were not actually fishing using the fishing beach during these events. These events are usually posted in the paper somewhere.

Take Catmans advice and hit the Tank.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts