Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,104 Posts
Well that sucks.
Sounds like you did everything right Quickcord. Thanks for the report!

Gotta feeling it's just about over for shallow water Rock. They're probably moving out to the deeper channels into the thermalcline.
Could be all she wrote this season for us shore fisherman here in the Bay.

Hopefully those NY/NJ cows hit the Delmarva beaches soon. Don't even go there Kracka......LOL

Am going to give it a shot anyway today out on the Severn w/ swimbaits, rattletraps, etc.

· Registered
1,252 Posts
Well that sucks.
Sounds like you did everything right Quickcord. Thanks for the report!

Gotta feeling it's just about over for shallow water Rock. They're probably moving out to the deeper channels into the thermalcline.
Could be all she wrote this season for us shore fisherman here in the Bay.

Hopefully those NY/NJ cows hit the Delmarva beaches soon. Don't even go there Kracka......LOL

Am going to give it a shot anyway today out on the Severn w/ swimbaits, rattletraps, etc.
NJ surf is DEAD....boats are killing them a mile out to 55lbs. I went up to South Shores sunday and 1000ft off the surf bunker were being blown up by bass n blues. May hit Lido Beach this weekend, NJ sucks right now.

· Registered
1,104 Posts
NJ surf is DEAD....boats are killing them a mile out to 55lbs. I went up to South Shores sunday and 1000ft off the surf bunker were being blown up by bass n blues. May hit Lido Beach this weekend, NJ sucks right now.
OK, so here's how you reach those fish.
Get yourself a 13'3" Daiwa 3 peice surf rod and one of those Daiwa long spool surf reels that weigh about 30oz filled with 20# power pro and throw a 3 or 4oz sting silver or hopkins at them.

· Registered
1,252 Posts
OK, so here's how you reach those fish.
Get yourself a 13'3" Daiwa 3 peice surf rod and one of those Daiwa long spool surf reels that weigh about 30oz filled with 20# power pro and throw a 3 or 4oz sting silver or hopkins at them.
not with a 20+mph cross wind.....I plan to be on the sand up there super early friday morning unless something changes.

· Registered
7,090 Posts
............Gotta feeling it's just about over for shallow water Rock. They're probably moving out to the deeper channels into the thermalcline. Could be all she wrote this season for us shore fisherman here in the Bay.
Not so Cali. Baltimore Inner Harbor, Canton bulkheads, shallow water, Yo Zuri Crystal Minnow = Plenty of rock 18" - 24". In the last two weeks I've caught and released at least 25 rock. The rock are chasing the LY's right up against the bulk head. Happens here like that every fall. I've been going 2-3 times a week in the morning since it's only 15 min from home. Guys over at Harbor Hospital are doing the same.

· Registered
1,104 Posts
Not so Cali. Baltimore Inner Harbor, Canton bulkheads, shallow water, Yo Zuri Crystal Minnow = Plenty of rock 18" - 24". In the last two weeks I've caught and released at least 25 rock. The rock are chasing the LY's right up against the bulk head. Happens here like that every fall. I've been going 2-3 times a week in the morning since it's only 15 min from home. Guys over at Harbor Hospital are doing the same.
Thanks for the report Nick.
So how do you work that, like a jerk bait or slow retrieve?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.