Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking going fishing all day tomorrow (Sunday) what do you think my chances are? I'm going to the bait shop in Glen Bernie to get bait. Bw,grass shrimp and peeler crab.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Just a heads up Hueski, they don't have those monster bloods(20") like they had last week, they're big, but not worth $22 a doz. Ended up buyin mine at Fishbones, same size at $13 doz.

I think your chances are good if the the wind lays down.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Striper fishing should be good at SPSP now and there can be large white perch too. Use fresh bunker and shrimp at night for stripers and bloodworm on small hooks for white perch.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
It is loaded with grass shrimp at the docks. Get a shrimp net and get some shrimp. IMO they are better then bloods for white perch. Pretty good for rockfish also.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love that bait store. I got some Bw, big ones. Also I got some fresh spot from the Asian market. So I'll be there from sun up to sun down.
I hope to see some p&s guys out there.

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
I came across the BB around 1;30 PM and saw a few guys fishing from the point and about 5 guys fishing the end of the jetty. Water looked calm, couldn't tell about the wind. Looked like a nice day for fishing SPSP. There was also a cluster of about 6 boats fishing the Sewer Pipe. That was always my Ace In The Hole for white perch when nothing else was happening. Could always count on a nice mess of WP for the table.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got there at 8am and set up on the beach. Fished with bunker until about 12:30, then threw lures for a bit and nothing. Bait checks revealed clean, untouched bait. I did not see anyone else catching anything from the beach while I was there.

Quickcord

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I got there around that time myself. That might have bn you you to my right. I had the blue cooler to your left. There was nothing biting, I rolled down to Thomas point park. Nothing there either.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Unreal! Thanks for the reports guys!

Was at Downs Park pier this am. Had a dozen beautiful huge bloods. Fished whole BW's w/ flouro leaders. Water was super clean.
Not even a bump. Saw a large floatilla of boats out in the middle of the Bay, north of Bay bridge. Wonder how they did?

Heard party boats wacked Cows and Jumbo Blues off the Beach up in North Jersey today. Tonnage of bait in the water. Hope they make it to the beaches down here soon. Need some pullage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts