Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning guys, of course gals also.
I usually don’t post because I don’t have much to offer compared to all the experience and knowledge on this board.
This AM, however, I’ll report on my weekend @ SPSP.
My wife and I arrived about 9 AM and met Bayfisher (I hope I got the name right).
We were fishing “near” the point. We spent the next 8hrs watching Bayfisher catch 6 Hoarse Croakers and a nice 31”+ rockfish, fishing less than ten ft from us with the same bait while we got skunked. At least on keeper fish.
It was an awesome day anyway and well worth the drive. In spite of our lack of keepers I still had fish to clean. Bayfisher gave us his fish, including the striper and did everything he could do to help me get my wife her first big striper.
Bayfisher, it was a pleasure to meet you and to fish with you. Thanks for everything.
And congrats on the Rock. Your rock is my dinner tonight, and tomorrow night……
I have to have the pleasure to fish with any of you in the future.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Kayode: Glad to hear about the success of Bayfisher. I was at SPSP on Saturday. Got there about 5:45am and stayed until 7pm fishing near the point. I got skunked also. Not even a throwback. Most of the people fishing near us also got skunked. A couple caught small blues but had to throw them back. Maybe we'll have beter success next time. :mad:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All we can don is hope.
I wish I had talked with, and met more of you guys but with my wife there with me I didn't want to venture too far away and her get bored.
I want to keep her happy when she's with me so that she'll keep coming.
I have made a committment to myself to see her catch a nice fish this year. I think that that would be more fun than catching it myself.

·
Banned
803 Posts
thank you for the compliment. Just fyi for all, I had used bloods and when things were slack,noticed that he had alewife sitting unattended, therefore, one hook had cut, the other had alewife, if it weren't for his piece of bait, chances are i would not have caught "Rockzilla."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts