Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading up to SPSP today to catch the tide and sunset and see if any of them pesky fishies are around. I'll likely be fishing the first cove... look for a big guy in a Yankee hat with a 13' black heaver and a red 10 footer if you come out.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Still working but hope you do well

I wish I was going with you. I'll probably be out there Friday as high tide will hitt as the sun is on the far horizon. Today should put you on a falling tide right at sundown. That should equal some good striper fishing:D ......... Hope you can give us a good report

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I made the grand circuit-- SPSP, Matapeake, and the Narrows. All produced stripers, with a keeper (19") taken at Matapeake.

SPSP was empty-- I know it is Tuesday and not everyone is lucky enoguh to be able to set their own schedule, but there were only two other fisherman out there today-- and 81 degree day in November! Unfortunately, there were also the worlds two most annoying children... I was set up at the point and the dinks were hitting fairly well on cut menhaden on 1/0 hooks, but only on my 13' rod-- they're there, but they're far out. Fished SPSP from 1.10 until about 3, when I packed up and left because some woman dumped her two brats on me, lol. She walks in around 2.15 with these two kids, comes up to me and says "The kids will watch you fish" and walks away, as if her two darlings were my responsibility! Well, the boy immediately starts pestering me about baiting hooks and casting my rods, the girl starts going through my tacklebox everytime I turn aroudn to check my rods-- and I lost a big strike because the boy wouldn't get away from my rod! Of course, they wouldn't leave, and mommy dearest is sitting on her butt at a picnic table back on the grass getting a tan or something. I probably should've just used one of them as bait. God knows I love kids, but these two and their mother...ugh.

Anyway, I took off for the Eastern Shore and stopped at the 'peake, where I picked up my keeper after only about 15 minutes, again on cut menhaden. Had two other shorts come in (real short-- like 6 inches short, lol) and decided to move on to the Narrows for sunset to finish the day.

Got to Kent Narrows at about 5pm and left at 6.45 (had to get back to Herndon and my dog). Leaving was hard to do, because there were stripers breakign all over the place (like the 11.30 run that FLF, Anthony, Hat, me, etc hit last week). I got a few shorts on a chartreuse Bass Assasin/lead head combo, and picked two up on my bottom rig (menhaden/1/0 flicker circles). I saw three legals caught while I was there, each one to a different fisherman, all of either BAs or Storms. Each was just over the limit, from 18.5-19. The big ones aren't there yet, it would seem, but there are at least some keepers hanging around.

All in all a great day of fishing, even if I got chased out of SPSP by bad parenting ;)

Friday at SPSP sounds good to me, btw, with that late tide followed by a return trip to the Narrows at closing time!

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Glad to hear you got into some fish at all the places man. I bet it was hard leaving the narrows at sunset just before the prime.:D

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Aint it grand when a plan comes together!

I was keeping my fingers crossed for you man! I'd made a prediction going by my chart and oh so good to see it is true!! That almost full moon this weekend should have em blitzing the hot spots two hours before and after the tides. Should be a good-un. I'll have to bring the digital camera cause I feel a big rock in my future.....

"Gonna rock with you all night, fishin in the moonlight. Gonna rock with you yeah gonna fish the night away........"

:D

Singin my rockfish jingle always works;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey Rugger,

where do you guys fish at the narrow? I only been as far as the peake. Would love try some new spots.

Big D

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Rugger, where will you be on the 13th of Nov,
I need a babysitter for the outgoing tide:)

You are waaaaaaay toooo nice! Hopefully I can
catch up to you at Sandy Point or the narrows
this fall, I learned a lot fishing with you at SPSP this
spring for trophy rockfish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts