Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished at SPSP Sunday morning 8am-2pm. Not much besides very small spots. Caught about 10 spots and two 10 inch blues. Everyone was catching about the same small fishes. Tried to rent a boat but they said it was too windy to go out. Does anyone have any good spots to hit next time I do rent a boat there?? Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
spsp sun. night

fished spsp with my girl and a friend from 10 p.m to 2 am. Lots of traffic getting close to the bay bridge from that tractor trailer accident, just saw on the news that the young lady fell asleep, that truck driver is a hero for not taking that whole lane out. well arrived 2 hours later to find the 7/11 is out of BW's, so on to spsp with just fishbites in hand. beautiful night out, to think that truck was still in the water near by was kinda weird. fishing was slow but did pick up some small spot on the fisbites, cut those little guys up and casted out. in all caught small spot, 3 baby stripers, one 20 in striper and 2 small croker. another great night

·
Registered
37 Posts
9.5 in spot

from sandy point, Sunday

yup,

fought like he was much much bigger..

so bigger spots are there man...

if you bait it, they will come.. :D

·
Registered
731 Posts
From a rented boat? Head out into about 20-30' of water around the pilings from the bridge....always caught an unlimited supply of spot and white perch there. Occasional Blue and striper mixed in too

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow, thanks for the info. I might try that sometimes. I only fished at SPSP one time and I fished right about at the light house. Is fishing at the jetty any better?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heading to SPSP late sunday night. Will be my first time fishing there after dark. How packed is it during that time and whats the fishing like?? Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
thinking about heading out late Sun too... should not have to worry about crowds late, most pack up after dark. fishing has been hit or miss late at least for me, either way nice to be able to wet a line.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Fished there last night 8/22 from 9pm till about 1am. I was set up to the left of the point. Caught 5 little croaker ~4" and 1 ~4" spot. It was slow to say the least.

·
Registered
202 Posts
after the crowds start to leave just to the right of where most people swim seems like a much better deal than the point and area to the left......consistant blues and even a pretty nice catfish

1 - 11 of 11 Posts