Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to fish SPSP early this AM. Got to the jetty around 5 AM and was surprised to find schoolie stripers close to the jetty attacking baitfish. Immediately put on a popper with a maribou teaser and caught several punk fish that were not legal size. All fish took the white teaser.

The jetties got crowded after I left at 7:30 with guys catching white perch on bloodworms.

Just in case you guys forgot how beautiful the bay bridge looks in the early morning light. :)

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Glad you were able to get out and do some fishing today. I know you were going to start packing for the movers. What happened to all the rain we were susposed to get today? Had a brief thunderstorm here in Baltimore. That's a great picture of the bay bridge. I just set it for my screensaver. Hope to fish with you soon. BTW, thanks for the infor on the Tank. I entered it into my log book.

Catman.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I went to SPSP around 3pm and caught a few spot. Looked promissing, the guy next to me started catching some croaker and of course the rain came. During the storm another guy showed me a nice size summer flounder caught around where the tree is on the beach. After the storm missed a few but the guy next to me still caught a few more croaker, a striper (small) and a few perch.

Just went it was getting good the rain came and stayed.

Tried out theat bait shop Holiday Sports for bloods. very dissapointed, extremely small. I am going to stick to Fishing Island even though it is out of the way for me but they have never done me wrong.

I was talking to someone and they said the heard that bloods were going to go up in price. I don't know how true that was but if they do then I can say these fish are starting to eat better than I am. :D :D

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I just might have to try Sandy Point tommorow after church. I have 2 dozen bloods left over from today! Is it four bucks a person? If so I'll have to leave the kids at home!!:eek:

·
Registered
597 Posts
It is $4 per person but the fishing should be good if the weather stays good, especially in the evening. I just love sitting on the beach there it is so peaceful. I will more than likely be there tomorrow as well.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Bloodworms At Holiday sports...

Hey Reddog1,

When did you get you BW from holiday sports??? I bought 4 dozen from them fiday evening an di did not find a small one in the bunch. Everytime i go to Holiday i always get a great bunch of worms. They always let you check the worms before you buy them so i really cant see how you got small ones. I think im goingto have to try this Fishing Island just to make a comparison. That's just my take on the situation. I look forward to seing you on the pier oneday.

MC

·
Registered
597 Posts
MC,
I went on Saturday afternoon so maybe all the good ones were gone. That's ok. But this afternoon I went to Fishing Island and again I was not disappointed.
I will have to give Holiday another try.

Hit SPSP today again as well, took home a few spot and only thing else I saw were a few croaker and small stripers. I saw the largest croaker I have ever seen, must have been 20-22" and fat. In all it was a great day at the bay.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hey Reddog1,

You should hook up with me and Hat80 oneday for some fishing at Breezy Point. We are going there this week. If you are interseted let me know and i will give you the particulars.

MC

·
Registered
597 Posts
Appreciate it MC,
let me know and I will see if I can make it out. My schedule is usually pretty hectic during the week. I have fished the beach at Breezy but never the pier. Doesn't Breezy close at dusk?

·
Registered
720 Posts
I was at SPSP Saturday night as well. It was a slow night. We got there at 8:30PM but had to wait out the lightning. We got to fish at 10PM and hooked up with a 12" striper. After that, we landed a few croakers then the rains started again. A lot of people who waited out the storm to fish then left. All in all, ended up with 8 croakers, 1 throw back striper and 2 perch. Wasn't great but we didn't leave empty handed. Too bad the weather sucked since others who were leaving right when we got there said they were having some really good action right before the storm came :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts